05 June 2008 8 Rules To Web 2.0 Logos
1. Use a simple sans serif font but not a standard one because you might be seen to lack typeface skills.
2. Fluorescent colours are good, preferably blue, pink or orange.
3. Everyone uses boxes, so you should too.
4. But if you do, make sure the edges are rounded because that’s what all the cool kids are doing.
5. Show customers you are really good with Photoshop and include a reflection.
6. Prove you have a keen eye for design and ensure everything looks as glossy and as shiny as possible.
7. No Web 2.0 logo is complete without a vertical gradient of some sort.
8. Ensure you are going to be the “next big thing” and include the word Beta somewhere in your logo.
Rick ClarkePosted at June 8, 2008 5:29pm, 08 June
And why isn’t your logo all shiny and reflective? :p