12 November 2013 Ideas From 2013 That Didn’t Happen
There’s a list on my phone called ‘Crazy Ideas’. Some of the items are starting to collect dust so it’s time I cleaned them out before next year.
But before deleting them, I thought I’d share. Maybe you can do something with them that I couldn’t.
So the following is a collection of ideas I had this year that didn’t or aren’t going to happen. I either didn’t know how to start them, discovered they’d already been done or, after further consideration, decided they were shit.
- An app for the Australian Red Cross Blood Service to easily make and change bookings. It would also remind you when you’re due to donate again.
- A website to connect casual investors with wannabe inventors. Think Dragon’s Den meets Kickstarter.
- An ‘In Case of Emergency’ app that sits on your phone if you’re in an accident. Ambulance Officers would have a unique password to access information about who to contact and what you’re allergic to.
- A Beerend that works on glass shelf fridges.
- An app for sharing a single shopping list across multiple users. There’s a few already out there but they are expensive and naff.
- A WordPress plugin to easily create wedding registries where each item is tagged with an affiliate marketing link. This revenue would help pay for the couple’s honeymoon.
- A companion app to allow for asynchronous media consumption discussion.
- An eBook for university students about how to get a job in digital marketing.
- An app to make and track casual bets among friends. Most likely called Bets With Friends.
- Single charge iPhone power packs for festivals and emergency situations.
- An app to easily block out or censor information on a photo/image before sharing it online. Possibly called Blackout.
There’s a few others on the list that I might share another time (hopefully not this time next year) but if you think you can do anything with any of the above, let me know how you go.
CoriPosted at November 13, 2013 12:19pm, 13 November
I want an app that links to your calendar to record when people pike on catch ups with friends. I call it Pikeometer.
Olivia RiddlePosted at November 13, 2013 12:29pm, 13 November
My fav idea isn't there which makes me think you are working on it!
Luke MarshallPosted at November 13, 2013 2:14pm, 13 November
"An eBook for university students about how to get a job in digital marketing."
Probably a bit more boring than some on the list, but really wish I had such a book before wasting my time on other disciplines first.
Stan LeePosted at November 13, 2013 11:54pm, 13 November
In theory all marketing is digital Luke. Hence there is no need for the book.
Melanie BurnsPosted at December 3, 2013 4:01pm, 03 December
"Single charge iPhone power packs for festivals and emergency situations."
Does this count? http://powerpod.net